In Mumbai, Mihir Shah, son of a Shiv Sena leader, caused a hit-and-run incident that killed Kaveri Nakhwa and injured her husband Pradeep. Shah, allegedly intoxicated, fled the scene with his driver, made numerous calls to his girlfriend, and attempted to evade arrest by hiding at various locations. The police eventually tracked and arrested Shah after 60 hours. The incident has sparked public outrage, with Chief Minister Eknath Shinde assuring that justice will be served. Shah's father was suspended from his political position, and the bar where Shah was drinking faced penalties for violating liquor regulations.

Mihir Shah, charged in a BMW hit-and-run, will face a Sewri court. His father, Rajesh Shah, and their driver Rishiraj Bidawat were arrested, with Rajesh granted bail
In a shocking hit-and-run incident in Mumbai, Mihir Shah, son of a Shiv Sena leader, killed a woman and injured her husband while driving his BMW. Shah's actions post-incident, including multiple calls to his girlfriend and attempts to evade arrest, have drawn significant attention and scrutiny from the police.

Details of the Incident
Early Sunday morning, Shah's BMW collided with a scooter in Worli, where Pradeep and Kaveri Nakhwa, a couple returning from buying fish, were severely impacted. Pradeep was thrown off the vehicle, while Kaveri was dragged for 1.5 kilometers under the car, leading to her tragic death.

Shah, allegedly intoxicated, switched seats with his driver, Rajrishi Bidawat, after the collision. They then reversed the car over Kaveri before speeding away. The duo abandoned the car in Bandra's Kala Nagar, removing the number plate to avoid detection.

Communication and Evading Capture
During the chaos, Shah called his girlfriend 40 times before heading to her house in Goregaon. He stayed there for two hours, during which his girlfriend informed Shah's sister about the incident. Shah's sister then took him to their residence in Borivali.

From Borivali, Shah's mother, Meena, along with his sisters Puja and Kinjal, and a friend, Avdeep, fled to a resort in Shahpur, 70 kilometers from Mumbai, to hide from the police. Authorities arrested Shah's father, Rajesh Shah, and the driver, Bidawat.

Arrest and Legal Proceedings
On Monday night, Shah moved to the family's house in Virar. The next morning, Avdeep turned on his phone for 15 minutes, revealing Shah's location to the police. This led to Shah's arrest after nearly 60 hours of evasion. Shah was produced in court on Wednesday and remanded to police custody until July 16.

Police are considering detaining Shah's girlfriend to question her about what he shared regarding the accident and his condition at the time. "The questions will center around what information about the accident was shared with her by Shah, and whether he was drunk when he spoke to her and met her," said an official.

Political and Legal Response
The incident, occurring shortly after another high-profile accident in Pune involving a Porsche, has raised significant concerns. Critics have alleged that both incidents involve individuals with connections to the state government. Chief Minister Eknath Shinde stated, "The guilty will not be spared and the police will not shield anyone." Rajesh Shah, a deputy leader in the Shiv Sena, was suspended from his position on Wednesday.

Before the incident, Shah was reportedly drinking at Vice-Global Tapas Bar on Juhu Tara Road. The bar's license was suspended for serving hard liquor to Shah, who is under 25, violating state regulations. Authorities also demolished illegal portions of the bar where Shah consumed alcohol.

The Mumbai hit-and-run case involving Mihir Shah highlights the severe consequences of reckless driving and the importance of accountability. As the investigation progresses, the public awaits further developments and hopes for justice to be served.

(With inputs from TOI)

Contact to :

Privacy Agreement

Copyright © boyuanhulian 2020 - 2023. All Right Reserved.