King Charles has issued a statement following the arrest of his brother, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor earlier today. He said: "I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office. What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities.
"In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation. Let me state clearly: the law must take its course. As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all. Charles R."
It is understood that the Palace, and the King, were not informed in advance of Andrew's arrest. It's the King's second statement on the matter in just over a week, when Buckingham Palace said it would "stand ready to support" the police if approached over the claims made against Andrew.
It comes just hours after Thames Valley Police confirmed Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor had been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
The statement came less than an hour after six unnmarked police vehicles were pictured arriving at Wood Farm this morning, the temporary home Andrew has been living in on the King's Sandringham Estate. Searches are also being carried out at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk, the force said.
The arrest falls on the disgraced former Duke of York's 66th birthday. If found guilty, the maximum sentence for misconduct in public office is life imprisonment.
Thames Valley Police, who did not name Andrew as per UK law, said in a statement on Thursday morning: "As part of the investigation, we have today (19/2) arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.
"The man remains in police custody at this time. We will not be naming the arrested man, as per national guidance. Please also remember that this case is now active so care should be taken with any publication to avoid being in contempt of court."
Contact to : xlf550402@gmail.com
Copyright © boyuanhulian 2020 - 2023. All Right Reserved.